Wednesday, February 12, 2014

The Search for an Engineer


I have no idea where to even start... at this point in the project I know I don't need an engineer for a little while, so it's not a pressing matter but it would help to chat with an engineer to answer my many questions.  Our architect (David Fall) puts us in contact with the engineer of the Treehouse Masters T.V. show.  We begin to chat with Charlie Greenwood and realize that he's extremely knowledgeable as well when it comes to tree houses and actually lives in a treehouse himself.  He's created a system that allows for the hardware to grow with the tree instead of having to completely re-install all new hardware in 5-10 years.  He also explains that tying into the tree can actually make the tree stronger ;)   Happy to have Charlie on our team!

2 comments:

  1. Hey you two,
    I've been following your treehouse blog with interest, and I can't wait to see the finished product! I'm sure it will be amazing.
    Keep being awesome,
    Byron (the cyclist you met in Mexico)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Byron; Always good to hear from you! If your ever in CA, get in contact with us ;)

      Delete